We are First Contact Fire and Security LTD (Company Number 09022808) (“we”, “us”, “our” or “First Contact Fire and Security LTD”). Our registered office is at Rutland House, 44 Masons Hill, Bromley, Kent, BR2 9JG
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we hold about you will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
First Contact Fire and Security Ltd is a “Data Controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to all homeowners who have had a security system installed by First Contact Fire and Security LTD.
What information do we collect?
In order to certify the systems we install and maintain them we need to collect full names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses in order for us to contact you to book your servicing in and send you your maintenance certificates and invoices.
We hold this information to enable us to comply with statutory obligations and to pursue our legitimate interests for the purposes set out below “How do we use your personal data”.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data to:
- Contact you when your service is due;
- comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations;
- administer our site;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or are certified for;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the site;
- Any remote help with CCTV or alarms that are networked and maintained by us.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will not share your personal data with others, unless:
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Rules and
- our business enters into a joint venture with, or is sold to or merged with, another business. We may then share your personal details with our new business partners or owners;
- we use third parties to carry out business activities and they require your personal details to do so. This may include analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; or
- you have agreed to it being shared with third parties for relevant marketing activity, as per below.
Where relevant, we will require that third parties follow our data protection and privacy policies, and we will require that such third parties do not use your personal details for their own business purposes without your prior consent.
Where we store your personal data
We store all of your personal details within a locked filing system and on our computer database. All protected by an approved alarm and CCTV.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. If and only if you do not wish to carry on with maintenance then we will destroy and delete your data.
How secure is my data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please write to us at at 100 Botley Rd, North Baddesley, Southampton, SO52 9DW.or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your right to complain
If you have any problems with the way that we are handling your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Officer (“ICO”). The ICO can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 113, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, or by email on email@example.com.
You can visit the ICO’s website by following this link https://ico.org.uk/.
The .data controller responsible for your personal data is First Contact Fire and Security LTD (Company Number 09022808) Our data protection registration number is ZA344179. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact us on 02380 410 610